Welcome to my bonsai blog!


Welcome to my bonsai blog!

Look around! Use the Search box, browse the Archive, and leave comments. Click on any picture to enlarge it.
I would be honored to have you follow my posts. There are two ways to do that.
-- If you have your own blog, use Join this site
to have notifications of my posts sent to your blog's reading list.
-- If you don't have a blog,
use Follow by Email: new-post alerts will be sent to your email address. Pictures aren't included; that's just how Blogger does it. For the pictures you come here!
Fora and vendors that I can recommend from experience are listed in the right sidebar.
For more about the ads, and just why I enabled them, please see "About the ads," below.
"And the LORD God made ... trees that were pleasing to the eye ..." Gen. 2:9, New International Version.

"Bonsai isn't just something I do; it's part of what I am." Remark to my wife and daughter.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

10,000 and Counting

     Two days ago, my page-view counter clicked over to 10,000. I was busy helping my father prepare for a medical procedure, which is why I didn't post anything then. But it is time for a big


"Thank you!"

to my readers!

10,000 is a gratifying personal milestone, and I'm grateful and pleased. When I started, a little over a year ago, that number seemed too far off to even be realistically considered! I felt good when I saw hit number 100.

At the same time, I've got a long way to go before I catch up with someone like Ian Young, the "Bonsai Eejit:" over 300,000 hits to his blog, last time I looked! I admit that I have shamelessly copied some of Ian's practices, like trying to use enough good pictures while avoiding visual clutter.

Visitors to my blog have come from at least 77 countries and territories, and every inhabited continent. Not surprisingly, the greatest number come from English-speaking countries, my native USA leading the way. But enough come from elsewhere to remind me that there are educated people everywhere!

 Visitors and site members have, from time to time, given me much-appreciated feedback thru your comments. My only regret about that is that it doesn't happen more often. Don't be bashful!

In the months ahead, may your water be clear, may your questions be answered, and may you and your trees prosper!


:-)  :-)  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment